Saturday, January 17, 2009

Lions, tigers and deers...oh my!


Right after Christmas we took a day trip to visit Wild Animal Safari in Pine Mountain, GA.















My husband had never been to anything like this before. It was such a joy watching him have so much fun!

The first thing we did was get into our rented vehicle. Thank goodness we chose this option. You will see why in a bit.



We bought our bags of food and off we went. John (my husband) was driving. My dad, Emmett, was in the front and I was in the back with my sister, Kristen and Katelynn (riding in my lap). We saw all kinds of "deer" and "cow" type animals.



And this is why we were happy we rented the van...




This cow "drooled" all over my dad! I thought I was going to need to borrow one of Katelynn's diapers before the trip was over because I was laughing so hard and my bladder is definetly not what it used to be!

Katelynn was not really sure about the animals, but all in all I think she had fun. She liked to throw the food at them. She wasn't really into them taking it from her hand. She did touch a few of them and seemed to enjoy that pretty well. I can't wait to take her back when she gets a little older. I may have to wear some Depends!



We made sure that she petted the giraffe because, after all, who gets to pet a giraffe?






Hello Mr. Rhino.


What is black and white and red all over?


An embarrassed zebra! Ta dum dum.









Katelynn, Paw Paw and Aunt Kree walk off into the sunset!




No comments:

Post a Comment